Migrating to TDBM 4.3
TDBM 4.3 changes considerably the way the TDBMService instance is configured since it features a brand new
Hopefully, a new installer will smoothly migrate old installs to new one.
When migrating from a TDBM <=4.2 release, simply run the Mouf installer to update TDBM bindings.
Also, TDBM 4.3 adds PHP 7.1 specific type-hints like nullable types or void return types. If you extend some methods in your DAOs and beans from base DAOs and beans, you will have adapt the methods signatures.
Migrating to TDBM 4
TDBM 4 is almost a complete rewrite compared to TDBM 3.x. More than 90% of the code has been rewritten.
The philosophy of TDBM stays the same (write table, generate DAOs and Beans, auto-discover links). However, the details are different in many ways, so if you plan to migrate from TDBM 3, you will have to rewrite a big part of your database access code.
Below is a short list of the biggest changes:
- New beans are instantiated directly.
DaoInterfacehas been deprecated and removed. There is no more
createmethod in the DAOs.
- There are no more getters and setters for foreign key ids. Instead, you can use the getters and setters of beans directly.
- All TDBM xxxFilters have been removed. They are replaced by pure SQL and the "magic parameters" mechanism.
- Many to many relationships are automatically detected. Pivot tables no more generate beans and DAOs.
- Returned results are now objects that can be iterated. They implement the
porpaginasinterface: pagination is done on the result set rather than when calling the
getObjects/findObjectsmethod. As a result, the real query is performed when the result is first iterated and not when the
getObjects/findObjectsmethod is called.
- Many methods have been renamed:
- Inheritance is automatically detected in tables and generates beans with inheritance
Found a typo? Something is wrong in this documentation? Just fork and edit it!